A major reason why people fail with their small business ideas is the lack of ability to take the right decisions.
People don’t reach their business goals because they don’t posses the strength to take their own decisions. They let other people interfere and get influenced by negative opinions.
Unfortunately many small business entrepreneurs let their friends and family make important decisions. How about that? Has it happen to you sometimes? Well, it is a fact that it happen to many small business owners all the time, and it’s one of the reasons why so many people fail to reach their ultimate business goals.
However, of course you should still listen to good and genuine advices from successful people. Especially from those who are in the same business area as you are. Evaluate all information you can get, and then YOU make the decision.
To be able to make calculated decisions, is a skill you must have or develop, if you want to create a viable small business of your own.
Learn how to make appropriate and well considered decisions, this will lead you onto a successful small business path. And be ware, if people without the right knowledge influence your decision making or if you make poor decisions by yourself, your business will suffer.
You can develop your decision making skills by use this step by step technique :
- Define the purpose of your decision. What are your desired result?
- How are you going to achieve that result?
- Make a list of available choices. create ideas for different solutions.
- Evaluate your different alternatives. list positive and negative reactions from each solution.
- Determine the best solution to get the desired result.
- Create a plan, take action.
- Look at the outcome, did you achieve your desired result? put it in your experience bank.
Studies show that successful people from all over the glob, doesn’t matter what area of business. share the ability to reach decisions. They don’t allow anybody to interfere or get in the way of their goals.
Summary : To get your small business ideas up and running. To be able to create the lifestyle you desire.
To become the person you want to be. YOU must be able to make your very own decisions. You’re the boss of your own future.